Monday, May 16, 2011

Post #4

I have very exciting news to share today! Today is my wedding day! It is the year 71 A.D and I am 21 years old. This time of rejoicing has been greatly needed for a while and I am ecstatic. I will wear a plain white gown with a simple veil. I am being married to a man named Caius. He is very loving and caring as well as a Christian. Although our wedding will not be extravagent or have an enormous group of people it will be all that I have ever dreamed of. After the wedding I will move into Caius' insula. I am sad and a bit nervous about leaving the insula close to my family but know I will be well taken care of and able to visit my family often. What a glorious day it is!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, my friend! Marriage is one of the greatest privelages of life, although I cannot say I have experienced it. I would like to encourage you and your husband with these verses:
    "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by washing with water through the word...In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself...For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."
    Ephesians 5:25-31, Holy Bible, NIV

    Love each other in this fashion, and you will have a successful marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations,I hope and believe you will have a great marriage, as long as you stay with the Lord

    ReplyDelete